Background

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

My Thoughts About the Cold War


The superpower I chose is the United States of America! There are a few reasons for this. The main reason I support the United States is because I do not believe in Communism. I find that having one group in total control for one place with social and economical things would be very wrong. I would have supported the United States while they were trying to stop communism in the Cold War. During the Cold War, if I had a choice I would prefer to live in a non-communist family. This is because the non-communist families had more freedom. Communist families wouldn't have any control over their lifestyle. They were told what to do and where to work. They couldn't have freedom, dreams, or their own beliefs. I don't think I could live like that. Dreams are what keep most of us going everyday. It is so cool that we, in America, get to chose what job we want someday, or where we want to live. I think that there is a big difference between communist and non-communist families. Another reason is I do not like some of the choices that the Soviet Union made in the Cold War. I am just happy to live in a place were the country is not controlled by the belief of communism. Today because the United States superpower fought for democracy there is less communism in the world, making it a better place.

1 comment:

  1. anna i really agree with your posts! they were worded quite well. you really incorporated pictures into your blog, good job, especially on tying in the early cold war pop culture.
    nice job overall

    ReplyDelete